With the Australia Day long weekend just a few days away I thought you might enjoy a recipe that’s quick, simple, icy cool and delicious…… a ‘Lamington Ice Cream Slice’.
Whether you’re hosting a gathering or just planning a quiet weekend this is a great little dessert to have in the freezer. The beauty of this Ice Cream Slice is that you can make it days in advance and enjoy it for a couple of weeks after, but if your house is anything like ours it will disappear in days! Everyone loves it!
Think chocolate biscuits, ice cream and lamingtons all rolled into one mouth-watering package, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about when you make it.
There’s no fancy pants what so ever required to create this slice, just patience while it sets in the freezer.
Here’s your no-fancy pants How-to:
Lamington Ice Cream Slice
- 250g packet Arnott's chocolate ripple biscuits
- 50g butter melted
- 600ml cream
- 395g tin condensed milk
- 350g packet lamington fingers cut down to approx 1.5cm cubes
- Optional extra: chocolate sauce
- Line a slice tin measuring approx. 17cm x 26cm x 4cm with baking paper.
- Crush biscuits down to a fine crumb (I used a food processor), add melted butter and stir to combine (mixture should resemble sticky breadcrumbs), press into prepared tin (bottom of a glass works a treat). Place in fridge to set.
- Using a food processor or electric mixer whiz the cream and condensed milk together until they just thicken (you don't want to curdle your cream), stir through lamington cubes and pour over prepared biscuit base.
- Cover with foil and freeze for 6 hours or even better overnight.
- Cut slice into squares, drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
- Keep any leftovers in freezer for up to 2 weeks if they last that long!
If you’re looking for more Australia day entertaining ideas, I’ve got a few other suggestions….
Mini Caramelised Onion and Blue Cheese Tarts
Easy Tasty Cheese Ball
Gabriela’s Gorgeous Baked Feta
Super Quick & Easy Sausage Rolls
and for another something sweet and delicious…….
Triple Choc Malteser Balls
Pre Happy Australia Day wishes to you all, fingers crossed we get a fine, sunny weekend ahead, we’ve been known to flood at this time of year in these northern parts of NSW (for the record I hate being flooded in), hoping by saying it out loud will stop it from happening!
Don’t forget to stop by again later this week……I’ve got a delicious cake recipe coming your way with the added bonus it’s gluten-free.
Read More »
With the Australia Day long weekend just a few days away I thought you might enjoy a recipe that's quick, simple, icy co...