I hope your week is going well lovely people.
No complaints coming from this family of 5, we’re fortunate enough to be having ourselves a sneaky family holiday up at Noosa this week (accommodation is much more affordable outside school holidays). The kidlets have been swimming their little hearts out, so much so that yesterday even one 9-year-old had himself a little afternoon snooze while Alani caught up on some much needed Zzzzzzzzz’s.
I know I’m on holidays but I couldn’t resist the urge (yes I’m addicted) to share another delicious treasure with you all.
Who loves Salted Caramel…….ME! And who loves Dark chocolate……..ZADADA!
So with Valentines Day just around the corner I thought I’d be fair and bake a batch of ‘Dark Chocolate & Salted Caramel Cookies’ to satisfy both mine and Zadada’s taste buds, I will add the kidlets taste buds were more than satisfied too!
If valentines day isn’t for you that’s ok, personally I love any day that might prompt Zadada to buy me flowers, I love them maybe even more than salted caramel? (maybe not, but don’t tell Zadada that!). The good news is you don’t need a particular day or date as an excuse to bake these mouth-watering morsels, I would happily indulge myself any day or night and now that night has been mentioned, these cookies are perfect for turning into a dessert, just try giving one a zap in the microwave for 20 seconds and serving it with a scoop of your favourite ice cream, you’ll be in sweet foodie heaven!
Three simple but delicious ingredients are the secret in these cookies…A block of dark chocolate (the higher the cocoa content the better), a packet of werthers caramel chews and some sea salt, the remaining ingredients are pantry basics.
Here’s your How-To:
- 250g butter, softened
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain four
- ⅓ cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 200g block dark chocolate, chopped
- 135g pkt Werther's original caramel chews
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 170C fan forced.
- Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Sift in flours, cocoa and soda. Stir through dark chocolate.
- Using a tablespoon sized portion of cookie dough press a caramel into the centre and mould dough around caramel to completely cover and form a ball.
- Position balls on trays 5cm apart and flatten slightly. Sprinkle each ball with a little sea salt.
- Bake cookies 15 minutes.
- Cool on trays 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
If you had to choose between dark chocolate and salted caramel which would be your number 1?
Coming to the blog later this week is a delicious smoothie I’ve been enjoying for breakfast.
I hope your week is going well lovely people. No complaints coming from this family of 5, we're fortunate enough to be h...