Over the long weekend I did a little bit of experimenting with a Cherry Ripe Cheesecake Slice, and as you can see the experiment has now made it to the blog. A batch of Cherry Ripe deliciousness is here and ready for you.
You can thank Zadada for this little treasure, he provided me with the little push I needed to get baking, by asking if I might be making a cheesecake anytime soon (I so need encouraging!), seems I’m not the only one in the family with a sweet obsession and a love of cheesecake!
Zadada has quite the love for Cherry Ripes too and there had been 4 bars sitting in my pantry since Easter. Combining that fact with the fact that I had also bought some cream cheese in my last grocery shop, Zadada’s request for a cheesecake was soon to be a reality .
If I had to narrow down what type of cheesecake I love most I’d have to say ‘baked’, don’t get me wrong I love all varieties, there’s just something about the creamy, light texture of a baked cheesecake that lures me in every time.
I love how easy this little treasure is to make. You mix all your wet ingredients up, fold through some cherry ripe, pour the mixture over your biscuit base and in the oven it goes! Not hard at all.
For a little bit of fancy pants action, when it comes time to serving this slice, drizzle some Chocolate sauce over the top (next to homemade I love this Coles Chocolate Fudge Topping) and a side of raspberry coulis doesn’t go astray either!
So much deliciousness in just one mouthful!
Here’s your how to:
Cherry Ripe Cheesecake Slice
Recipe type: Cheesecakes
- 250g Chocolate Ripple Biscuits
- 100 butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 4 x 52g Cherry Ripe Chocolate Bars, chopped small
- Optional extras for serving (raspberry coulis and chocolate sauce)
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced.
- Line a square 21cm x 21cm x 5cm oven dish/cake tin with baking paper.
- Process biscuits to a fine crumb and combine with melted butter, press into prepared baking pan (a potato masher works a treat). Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- Make filling by beating cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence with an electric mixer until smooth, beat in eggs. Add cream and beat until well combined.
- Fold through chopped up cherry ripe.
- Pour mixture over prepared biscuit base.
- Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes, cheesecake should be just firm to touch.
- Cool in oven with door ajar.
- Refrigerate cheesecake 3 hours or overnight.
- Slice (a hot knife cleaned after each cut works a treat if you're feeling fancy)
- Serve as is or drizzled with chocolate sauce and raspberry coulis.
If you’re looking for more delicious cheesecake recipes take a peek at these……..
15 Minute Salted Caramel Cheesecakes
15 Minute Ferrreo Rocher & Nutella Cheesecake
Easy Baked Cheesecake (apologies for the not so pretty early blogging days pic, I guarantee it tastes AMAZING!!!!)
Spiced Strawberry Cheesecake Delight
Surprise Dessert Balls
Are you a baked, no bake or give me any cheesecake fan?
I’m definitely ‘give me any’, erring on the baked side 😉
Until the next time…….