Happy Foodie Friday lovely people!
So that exciting news I spoke of on Tuesday……….
I’m very excited to announce I’ve teamed up with the gorgeous Lucy from Bake Play Smile and Lauren from Create Bake Make to bring you the Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party each and every week! Let me just say I’m feeling very honoured to be working with these 2 beautiful, talented and inspiring ladies, I’ve been enjoying
following, drooling over both these ladies blogs and taking part in FFF’s for almost a year now,……. I know I have a lot to bake up to!
If you’re visiting FFF’s for the first time, (here’s a little bit of info about how the party runs. Each Friday (well actually, late each Thursday night), Lauren, Lucy and now myself host a Fabulous Foodie Fridays party. We ask food bloggers to link up their favourite recipes for us to share… and drool over. It’s a little bit like an instant cookbook each and every week (and a great place to do your meal planning for the following week).
Last week we had an amazing collection of recipes linked up – Thank you! I now know what Lucy and Lauren mean when they say it’s so hard to narrow down their favourites each week, you guys share so much deliciousness. Here’s what I decided on:
These Roasted Potatoes and Chickpeas from My Brown Paper Packages are going to be put to good use when we have our next barbecue, a much prettier option than my boring old potato bake.
I love discovering recipes I haven’t tried before and this Baked Falafel and Labneh Salad from Champagne and Chips had my attention. I especially love that the falafel gets baked. A dish being added to my dinner menu!
I think I did really well starting with 2 savoury dishes (I’m a major sweet tooth at heart) in my eyes no meal is complete without enjoying something sweet. I can’t wait to test out this Peach Cardamom Crumble Pie from Lila Wolff, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Don’t forget to pop over to Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make to see what treasures tempted their tastebuds last week!
Being my debut post for Fabulous Foodie Fridays I thought I’d revamp an old favourite of mine that’s a winner every time I make it……Easy Chocolate Slice. A gorgeous friend first introduced me to this slice about 5 years ago and since then I’ve made a few little tweaks along the way. What I love most about this Easy chocolate Slice is that you can be enjoying a slice (minus the icing) within 15 minutes of placing all your ingredients in the mixing bowl!
Sometimes I add a cup of chocolate chips to the mixture as an indulging optional extra, they work a treat.
Serve a slice warm with your favourite ice cream and topping and dessert is sorted! Better still sandwich a scoop of ice cream between 2 pieces of slice, sprinkle some maltesers on top, drizzle that topping over the lot and you’ll have your very own ice cream burger! (a personal fav in the Zamamabakes household)
This slice is very versatile, catering to those who like a nice, moist, cakey slice and those who like a crunchier biscuity slice, for the cakey version cook for just 10 mins for the biscuity go with 15-20 mins.
This would have to be one of the easiest slices I have made and one of the most popular amongst young and old!!!
Easy Chocolate Slice - Fabulous Foodie Fridays #40
Recipe type: Slices
- 1¼ cups SR flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- ¾ cup coconut ( I substitute rolled oats if I'm out of coconut)
- ½ cup sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Optional extra:1 cup chocolate chips (for a double chocolate hit)
- 1½ cups icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons cocoa, sifted
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Sprinkles, grated chocolate or coconut for decorating
- Preheat a moderate oven
- Mix all ingredients together (how easy is that!) plus your optional extra choc chips if you're going for the double chocolate hit
- Press into lined slice tin
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (10 if you like your slice soft and cakey)
- Ice with chocolate icing. Mix icing sugar, cocoa and gradually the milk together to get a smooth but not runny consistency. Spread over cooled slice and decorate with coconut, sprinkles, grated chocolate or just leave plain its up to you.
- I keep slice in the fridge in an airtight container for 1 week if it lasts that long!
How do you like your slice……Cakey or Biscuity?
Lauren from Create Bake Make , Lucy from Bake Play Smile and now Dannielle from Zamamabakes have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.
Each week we’ll select 3 of our favourite recipes to feature on the following Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party, so be sure to check back and see if your recipe is featured.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
Bake Play Smile: Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter
Create Bake Make:Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter
Zamamabakes: Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter
Fabulous Foodie Fridays: Facebook Instagram Pinterest
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile, Create Bake Make and Zamamabakes permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!